Address：Department of Physics
Telephone：06-275-7575 # 65200
The Department of Physics was found in 1956 when the former Taiwan Provincial College of Engineering was recommissioned into the Cheng Kung University. In 1971 the school was reformed as National Cheng Kung University. In the same year, we started the Master of Science program. And the Ph.D. program was added in 1988.
Our department emphasizes equally both in the high quality of teaching and research. We have nine teaching laboratories and twelve research laboratories, and also actively recruit talents and teachers. Graduates are all over the universities and research institutions. In 1988, doctoral degree was added to the department to enhance the research level. In addition to continuing enriching teachers and improving the research environment, the faculty also actively engages researches in Low-Temperature Physics, Optical Thin-film, Surface Science, Semiconductors, Optoelectronics, Nonlinear Science, Magnetic Properties of novel materials.